Before I start testing the D-Link Router DIR-865L, I thought it will be a good idea to explain the layout of my current home network. Im an average user with the 100mbps fiber plan, using the Huawei router. I’m testing out the router primarily from an apple Eco system view point. Currently, my home network is also being monitored by an organization called Samknows via a TPLink bridge. You may refer to the diagram of my home setup
1) Mac mini as a home theater to watch steaming movies directly from the Internet as well as from a NAS. Downloading movies, media and music. (LAN cable)
2) iMac late 2012 more for working on remote and local 3D files uploading and surfing (Wifi)
3) MacBook Pro for basic surfing and downloading for mix work and play. (Wifi)
4) Mobile devices like iphone5 and iPad for light games, ebook downloads and surfing (Wifi)
5) NAS System for the family to access common files and media (LAN Cable)
6) other family members with android and windows system.(Wifi)
These results are used primarily to monitor my ISP speeds. I am planning to use these results to compare how much more data is lost through both router performance. If you have any better ideas on how to compare router performance, please comment below. I am very new to this test and might require some suggestions.